UV SterilisersThe use of type C ultraviolet radiation (UV-C) is the most effective way to sterilise water. No chemicals are involved and there is no risk of dangerous overdosing. Long process times are not required as sterilisation is instantaneous.
The highly concentrated UV-C. energy exerts a lethal effect on living organisms. It alters the genetic material (DNA) and inhibits their reproduction capability. The germicidal properties of UV-C radiation are therefore extremely beneficial in destroying bacteria, viruses, protozoa, algae, yeasts and mould spores.
Different types or pathogens or bacteria require different levels of radiation to either kill or to stop them from functioning and multiplying.
D-D U.V. sterilisers are designed to produce a radiation intensity of 33,000 microwatt's/sec/sq.cm which is sufficient to destroy most common pathogens in fresh and salt water aquariums however if required the intensity can be increased by decreasing the flow rate through the unit.
- Slimline high intensity quartz bulb with ceramic cap for good thermal insulation.
- Lamp life of 9000 hours for continuous use.
- Electronic Ballast for flicker free operation, doubling the bulb life.
- Pure quartz sleeve prevents thermal shocks and maintains the lamp at the correct temperature for maximum UV-C output regardless of the water temperature.
- Reinforced UV resistant plastic body prevents degradation with time.
- Single ended design and waterproof insulation to CE IP67.
- Ballast and Lamp function LED indicator.
- Allows partial submersion of the body in a sump thus reducing the space required for installation.
- Viton gasket for a long term UV resistant seal.
- Can be easily connected together to form banks of UV units using standard pipework
- Wattage: 10 watts
- Flow Rate: 500 lts/hr
- Dimensions: 300mm x 100mm x 140mm